Thursday, August 9, 2012

Facebook Reveal

In our generation, nothing "feels" real until it is "Facebook Official." Joe and I have been going back and forth as to when we would share this amazing secret with everyone and how we would do it. The big debate amongst the pregnancy world is how far along in pregnancy do you feel "safe" enough to announce your pregnancy - 8 weeks, 12 weeks, when the baby is in your arms? We believe very strongly in God and His amazing powers that no matter when we would share this news, that He would care for us no matter what happened. Why not celebrate His amazing gifts to our family, as He has been so faithful and brought us through so many trials and tribulations, that we just needed to celebrate! We have received such positive responses. I cannot wait for these two blessings to be surrounded by such loving family and friends! I know Clark doesn't fully grasp that once the babies come, they will be with us forever, but I can tell he is absorbing the idea and LOVING it! He is so sweet with his little cousin, Elouise, and Lori's little one, Bella. He will make a wonderful, caring big brother from day one. I am so excited for him. I always envisioned him having 2 more siblings and our prayers have been answered. This is my gift to him. My heart truly is overflowing with emotions. It could just be all the hormones I am taking ;-)
In other news, I just started taking the proper medicines to induce lactation. I am hoping to breast feed, most likely not exclusively, for these babies. I have a realistic view that I may not be able to provide them with all they need, but can give them as much as I can and supplement with either formula or if Lori decides to pump, her milk. I am almost a week into the medicines. I will stay on them until about 6 weeks before the babies' due date, which is March 10. We do not think we will have the babies in March, but most likely late February. So I will plan to start pumping the end of December most likely. I am praying that I can provide all the twins need, but I will be so happy just to even breast feed, no matter how much! It is such a bonding experience, one that means so much to me. I am not able to feel their movements inside of me, or help them grow into babies, so this is the next special thing. I tried it with Clark, but I did not produce enough and both he and I grew frustrated so I had to succumb to the bottle. I do regret it, but hey, nothing I can do about it now. He is an amazing boy who loves his mommy very much despite my inability to breast feed past the hospital stay. With these two, I will give them my promise to fully commit to trying to get my body ready for their arrival. I know the road isn't going to be easy, but nothing worthwhile is easy :) Please pray that my body responds accordingly to the medicines and can begin the process of producing milk. Also, pray for Lori and the babies. We are so close to leaving the first trimester and entering the second trimester! We have our first OB appointment Aug 17, where we will hopefully get some unanswered questions answered. We'd love for the babies to be born at the same hospital that her three children were, but we are unsure yet if that is an option. Thank you for taking the time to read and pray for us. We really appreciate it! Here are some cute pictures I took to announce our joyous news!



The boys at the Children's Museum Chicago


Bella trying to help build


Hot, hot day at Pirate's Cove




Waiting for the Superheroes show

3 comments:

  1. Shannon, Jim, Will and NoahAugust 9, 2012 at 6:32 PM

    Congrats to you all. What a beautiful, amazing journey you are on. Blessings and luck to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's amazing that your both going to have breast milk for these babies. I loved nursing my kids.

    ReplyDelete