Friday, July 13, 2012

And babies make 3...

There are TWO babies!!! They both are snuggled soundly in. They are measuring right on schedule, with one measuring 5 weeks, 6 days and the other one measuring 6 weeks, 0 days. We did not get to see the heart beats yet, we were just shy of seeing them. We have another ultrasound scheduled for next Friday where we should see them growing accordingly and see their little hearts beating. It was such an amazing experience today. Our ultrasound tech was wonderful. She was the sweetest woman. We were so nervous and just anxious to see something. She was so talkative and explained everything she was looking for and measuring. It was quite a surprise, but not really at the same time, to see the 2 sacs. I know all our eyes got so big and tears started forming for me. They are so amazing already! The u/s tech took a full view of both sacs and they looked like an owl. So neat. They had the yolk sacs and we saw the little babies inside them. Everything else looked great. Lori had blood work done. We spoke with one of our nurses and she said everything was looking great. God is so awesome. We are so blessed. I know my heart is full. Clark was so happy to hear the news! We kept pretty hush (or I did anyways) until we met my and my DH's family for lunch. Everyone was so excited and curious to know if we were having one or two babies. When we told them TWO! everyone was so thrilled! My mom seemed a bit shocked, but she will warm up to the idea quickly. :) It was so wonderful to see my dad actually become excited and look at the pictures so warmly. He was so happy and talkative to Lori and Ryan, which was so great. We had such a wonderful time spending the whole day with Lori and Ryan. They are just such amazing people and I can't imagine sharing this experience with anyone else. Thank you God!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats!! I figured it was twins based on the betas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait for the next u/s to see their little heartbeats!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! I hope the next 9 months happy, healthy and normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Such great and exciting news :)

    ReplyDelete