Thursday, July 12, 2012

It's digitally official

Ok this is good reassuring news to see. Lori took this digital test last night. Last time, the digital test was not our friend. We are 19 days past our transfer. Last time we transferred, it was this day that we received the worst news we could imagine. No babies. We had been getting positive pregnancy tests, our Beta numbers were doubling, and when we went for our ultrasound, there were no babies. It was gut wrenching to be in the same room with Lori, Ryan, and Joe during that time. I felt like the rug was pulled out from under me. I just wanted to be alone so they wouldn't see how devastated I was. So it was hard for me (and I'm sure Lori) to approach this day without having some anxiety. We just want this so, so bad and to see that "Pregnant" come up on the digital was such a wonderful feeling. Am I anxious/worried about tomorrow's ultrasound? I'd be lying to myself if I said I wasn't. I'm nervous, anxious, all of the above emotions because it still feels raw from last time. I know in my heart that things this cycle have been WAY better, like no comparison, but you can't forget the past... God has been so amazing and faithful to both of us, and that is something I cling to for comfort. I know He is watching over the baby(ies) and giving them encouragement and love to keep growing. They are already loved so much, more than they realize. So many people are so excited and praying for them. I know God will be with us tomorrow no matter what. We are having the ultrasound at the same office. I originally had us scheduled at the Highland Park office, where we had all my monitoring and transfer through, but their policy only permits 2 people in the room during the ultrasound. It means so much for all FOUR of us to be in the room together to experience this, because let's face it, all four of us have invested so much time, love, energy into creating these babies, creating a loving environment for them, that how can any one of us be denied that first moment of seeing them on the big screen again. So we will be going through the original office, and I was told that another ultrasound tech helps out on Fridays as they are so busy. I spoke with our nurse and told her our preference to not have the same ultrasound tech as last time. So we are praying that we will have the floater one instead. If not, then it is what it is and nothing will change our experience this time. Please pray for us, for the babies. Help them stay strong and continue to grow, grow, grow! Will update as soon as we are done with our appointment tomorrow! Until then...


1 comment: