Sunday, June 3, 2012

2 down, 27-ish more to go

Just got done doing my first set of injections. Let's say it was a tad bit hectic and nerve wrecking. Started off not being able to find the Q-cap for the Menopur. Panicking that I never got it. Finally found it in the Menopur box. Yeah.. DUH! Then, no alcohol pads came with my meds. Problem because they are kind of important. Luckily, I found 2 in our bathroom. Need to go out and buy some tomorrow before next dose. Then, I couldn't find the medication instructions review on the fertility website. So I went off of the instructions that were included in the Menopur box. Few errors here and there, but finally injected the med into myself. Pain wasn't bad (fairly used to needles, etc). It was more the issue of injecting the actual medicine into myself. It was a good amount of liquid and it felt like it had no where to go. After I pulled the needle out, a few seconds later, some liquid dribbled out. Haha. Whoops. I'll have to make sure to keep the needle in for a few more seconds longer next time. Next I had to do Follistim. That went much smoother. It has its own little pen type device that the vial of medicine goes in. You click the amount you need, and then screw on the needle and bam, inject it in, push down and it's done. It went very smoothly. No issues. I'm hoping I will feel like an expert tomorrow and not be so panicky. Very excited and thankful to God that we finally are at this milestone. It won't be long now until I am prepping for the retrieval. Praise God I am feeling better, that tonight went well, and that Lori is doing well with her schedule. It's all His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment