Tuesday, May 29, 2012

All For You

This song struck a chord in my heart, especially these particular lyrics:
I'll give it all and lay it down
'Cause I owe everything to You.

I had an appointment with my Cystic Fibrosis doctor today. As many know, I've been struggling with a cold that then developed into a chest cold that hasn't fully left my body yet. I have been praying for Him to heal me. I would start feeling slightly better, then be hit again with feelings of lousiness. I have been struggling with thick mucus production, a nagging cough, and a persistent fever. I've been resting, resting, and when I'm not resting, I've been doing my chest therapies, even extra therapies. I've slooooooooowly been starting to feel like I was heading towards feeling slightly better. I've been pushing myself to be active and as "normal" as possible. I had this doctor appointment set up for months, so lucky for me it fell when I was feeling this way.
I did a nebulizer and a chest therapy (the Vest) right before I headed over. I also took some Motrin for my fever - had no fever when I woke up, but had one by 10 am - I got to the office. They took my oxygen level -97%- which is normal for me. My temperature was in normal range (phew), and my weight was good. Then came the lung function tests. Well, I did pretty awful. Close to tears awful. Then I had to wait, and wait, and wait some more. Finally I saw the nurse practitioner. She listened to my lungs. She said she didn't hear much air flow in my lower lungs. She mentioned a hospitalization. I explained to her, holding back my tears, that I was having an upcoming egg retrieval and was there anything that we could do to hold off the hospitalization until right after. I gave her a mucus sputum culture, and she went to speak to my doctor. I held it together as well as I could. I prayed so hard for God's mercy and grace. I knew that He could heal me at least until after the retrieval, but I knew whatever His plan was, is what I was going to accept. He knows what is best for me, even if I don't think I agree. My doctor finally came in. He told me my lung function was down a couple points from last visit, but not in a worry zone yet. He listened to me when I explained what was happening with the IVF process. He listened to my lungs. He told me I needed a 'tune-up' but it could wait the 2.5 weeks until after my retrieval. Thank you GOD! He also gave me inhaled antibiotic that is very hard to get. So I have been given a second chance to take my health into my hands and I am not going to flush this opportunity down the drain. I have one month's supply of this medicine, then I take a month off, and apparently the manufacturers of the drugs will have more supply come July. Again, thank God. He is truly awesome. So here I am, sitting at home, going to do whatever in my power to produce some great embryos for Lori's precious uterus!! I am so thankful!
In other news, Lori started her estrogen today! We are getting closer! I have my baseline ultrasound and blood works Thursday morning bright and early at 6:30! Then as long as results look good, I start my injections June 3rd!

4 comments:

  1. Healing vibes being sent your way and LOTS of prayers!!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sending healing prayers your way. i have enjoyed your blog and am looking forward to seeing a bfp!!!

    ReplyDelete