Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Nothing new to report. Just enjoying the joys of surrogacy/IVF... the waiting! Uugh. We have about a month and 5 days to go until my egg retrieval. At least I have school to keep me busy. Only 4.4 more weeks of school then summer! I am so thankful that my mother in law and my mom will be off as well so they can take Clark during the week of my egg retrieval. I know he will be so much better being with them and his 2 cousins than sitting couped up in the house with me. I am a little nervous about the stims. But then at the same time, I can't help but not be worried about it. I have confidence in my RE. They have me on a protocol that seems appropriate for my PCOS and OHSS issues. It seems that this protocol, the antagonist type, will cater to those issues. It seems that without the Lupron over suppressing my body, they will use the stimulation meds to help the eggs grow more naturally versus pumping me with meds while super suppressing me. In this more natural type state, I'm hoping my body produces enough good quality eggs without feeling like it needs to overproduce. I'm praying for some good egg numbers and great quality eggs. My goal is to stay rested and stress-free. I will take the advice of my brother literally. 'It is what it is.' I cannot change the outcome, so there is no need for me to worry about it. I think I worry to feel like I'm doing something (if that makes any sense).
The day before I start my stim meds is the big Chicago Cystic Fibrosis walk. So I am grateful I will be able to make it to that before my ovaries start feeling like they are carrying golf balls. I am hoping Lori and family can make it to the walk, but I'm assuming they won't be able to because they leave for Disney the following Friday :'( boo hoo. I miss them!! Clark talks about his best friends all the time, Brayden and Koen, and Lori and Ryan. Whenever he lays in mommy and daddy's bed he asks if Lori and Ryan are going to sleep in his bed. Haha. He's so precious. I would love for them to come up before the transfer, but I know that's probably not going to happen. I would also love to spend some time with them when they do come up for the transfer, but it all depends on when the transfer happens. Lori gets back from Florida either June 15 or the 16. She kind of needs to work that Monday the 18, so we are praying very hard that it isn't that day. But obviously we cannot control when the transfer will happen. If it's any day but the 16, they will just come up for the day and then head back down. :( I love my GS and want to spend as much time with her as possible! I also want to make up for the last transfer day when we didn't get to spend the day together in bed watching lots of movies! But we will just be so happy when the transfer comes that it won't matter if we can spend the time we want together as long as we have our little babies snug in Lori. We can make up the time another time since I am home free come June 6!!!!!
Clark has summer school starting June 19th almost every week Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but we can get down to visit them long weekends when Lori and Ryan are off of work. Looking forward to being done with working and spending as much time outside soaking up the sun. I am thinking of signing Clark up for either soccer or hockey, so that will make for a busy, but fun summer!
One month and 5 days until potential transfer.... keep praying for the little steps leading up to the big ones!

2 comments:

  1. Baby steps. Soon it will be here. I'll be praying for you and a successful transfer!

    ReplyDelete