Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fever Free

Had a doctor appointment with my CF doctor. It went pretty good. My oxygen levels were normal (98%), my lung function was 2% higher than the last time I was there, but still not at the best it could be at. So thankfully he did not feel it was necessary for me to be admitted to the hospital for IV treatments for CF. He said I have inflamed sinuses and a viral type infection, which presented in cold sores this morning. I am now on a round of steroids for at least 3 days, possibly 5, as well as the Avelox antibiotic and Motrin every 6 hours as needed, all of which will address the upper infections and fever. Before I went to the doctor at 9 am, I had a fever of 102.8. I can now breath a sigh of relief for having a temperature of 97.3 for the remainder of the day. Thank you God! I asked for my friends' and family's prayers and He answered. He remains to stay faithful, as I remain trusting in him. I have had to take off work last friday, as well as every day so far this week. I already had called off for tomorrow when I called off for today, so I will have one more day to just rest up and recover more. I will see how it goes tomorrow, and depending on that, I might attempt going back on Friday. That way it's only one day that is fairly simple, then a full weekend to recover some more. Thanks for all your prayers, good thoughts, positive energy. They really do help!! I really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment