Thursday, May 3, 2012

Calendar

We got our new calendars!

 
This makes me happy! Notice I am only on stim meds for about 10 days. I can't believe in exactly one month I will be giving myself my first shot for our cycle! Ya! I am super excited. It is finally almost here. All the heart ache and frustration will soon be replaced with joy and excitement. We are deserving of some good news! I am just so excited to be able to not be so nervous and fearful, even though I know it will be awhile before I can feel all of those emotions. But trusting in God means that I don't have to worry. I need to remember to enjoy each step. To bask in the joy that each step we take, means the closer we get to the end result: a baby! I don't want to miss out on the joy of celebrating each milestone with Lori. I want us to be happy; first with the transfer, then with the first BFP, then the positive beta test, etc, etc. It is silly to worry of the what ifs, for what if those never even come. Then you missed out on so much good. I'm not sure if this time around I will encourage Lori to take so many pregnancy tests. I think it made both of us mad. Who knows, but it'd be kind of cool if we could hold off on taking any. And just let God take control of that for us. I think we learned our lesson. We will see though. I'd love to be patient and wait until it is time for the test rather than making ourselves sick with what a home pregnancy test will say. Pray for us.

On another quick note, thank you everyone for listening to me vent. Sometimes I get so flustered and do not complete my thoughts. So to clarify for anyone who was confused and thought I was acting a bit rash, I was not mad that we have to wait until June. I did not expect to cycle in May on April 30. I was frustrated that no one explained to me that we could start almost right away again as long as Lori was physically and emotionally ready to go. I did not know that by switching to Highland Park IVF versus staying put with River North IVF that it would put us back a month as HP only does transfers and egg retrievals one week out of the entire month, whereas RN does them all month long. If I had known that, I would have stayed put with RN and we could have cycled in May. Be that as it may, every timing is perfect in his plan. I am comforted now that I know it was meant for us to do it in June for many reasons, mainly I will just be finishing working full time. I will have no restrictions or commitments preventing me from all the appointments I will have. I will also have the help and support of my mom and mother in law to help me out with Clark while I am feeling pretty lousy before and after the retrieval, if it is anything like how I felt last retrieval. I barely could move for days. I was nauseas and constipated and felt so much pain just to cough. Lori will be in Florida for the week of my retrieval. And she deserves it! That woman does too much! She will be having a wonderful time with her family in Disney. At least one of us will have a distraction from the waiting and fertilization reports, so I am thankful for that. And then right when she gets back all rested and feeling fluffy, we will be transferring our embryos in to her.
Thank you all for your tremendous support and love and prayers! They do not go unnoticed!!

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through Pinterest. I am looking forward to following your journey. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete