Thursday, May 24, 2012

Vent (as usual)

Well, not much has changed in regards to our lovely NC. I was told I needed this form sent in as soon as possible because it was missing from the original forms that were faxed over a month or so ago. Well I scanned them over to her on Monday. Asked for confirmation that she received them that day. Heard nothing. Emailed her again yesterday asking for confirmation so I should know if I needed to send them again or not. Got back to me saying she hasn't looked at them yet, but when she does, she'll let me know. ?? Ok. That's not annoying. She emailed me at 8:30 this morning. We emailed back and forth for a good 10 minutes. Lori had asked me a question regarding the monitoring appointment tomorrow, so I told her to quickly email Marianne because she was by her computer. She would most likely get the email from her and email quick response back. Lori did that. It is now 6 pm. Office is closed. No word from the NC. Frustrated is the nicest term I am feeling at the moment. I emailed her myself just now letting her know my frustration, because let's face it, the appointment (which our NC told us to make for Lori) is bright and early tomorrow. The odds of her answering our question before Lori goes to the out of town clinic is fairly slim. She stopped her birth control pills Tuesday, started the Lupron the past Friday, and has a baseline ultrasound and blood work tomorrow to check her lining. She apparently is supposed to get her period before the appointment. Well, it hasn't come yet, and I'm not sure if she is supposed to still attend the appointment or not. Not only for the sake of wasting Lori's time, I am annoyed because the monitoring for this appointment is not cheap. And I would hate to pay for it, just for our NC to say, 'oh you shouldn't have gone.' And you need to go again next week. So that would be 2 appointments out of pocket for one to be a complete waste of money. Plus, Lori works. I mean, does this woman get it? I know the answer to that question. And I am praying so hard for patience and an open mind. But it's not like we are bugging her with mundane, pointless questions. This is a valid question that requires a fairly timely response. So now our dilemma. Do we have Lori go to the appointment, or does she miss it and possibly have it affect anything. Who knows. I will let my frustrations known tomorrow when I speak on the phone to the NC about my schedule. I am under the impression we are switching NC tomorrow, and I am praying SO hard that this new one actually has compassion and a brain. I will be so much happier to finally put this NC in our past and start to enjoy our journey!!
On another note, please keep praying for my body to heal. It is doing yo-yo, from being healthy to feeling like poop. I'm hoping it's just some sinus drainage that is causing germs to be released from wherever they are hiding and making me sick as they exit my body. I can use all the prayers I can get. 
It's hard being an intended mom who is going to do an egg retrieval. I love Lori to death and I'm so scared that I am going to mess something up for us. I am doing everything in my power to get and stay healthy and I know she is doing everything to get her body ready for this upcoming transfer. I just don't want to let her down. Pray for God to continue to heal my body and make it stronger. Thanks everyone. <3

4 comments:

  1. Sending healing prayers up! Is this her FIRST monitoring appointment since starting lupron? She will get a lupron bleed but she would still need to attend her monitoring appt.. My sil (surro) got a bleed while on lupron, once you stop the pills, in theory you should get AF shortly thereafter.. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it'll be her first monitoring appointment since starting lupron. Isn't it too soon from ending bcp to the monitoring? I thought point of this appointment was for her to have shed her lining and then for them to check how it thinned out? We only have 2 monitoring appointments for her before transfer. Obviously she can get her period tonight but then shed be bleeding during the ultrasound so wouldn't make much sense. Feels like ages since I've been through this. (since my son, 4 years ago).

    ReplyDelete
  3. SIL had her monitoring appt. and then started bleeding.. She had 3 total appts.. would have been two but her lining wasn't quite where they wanted it so upped estrace and went back and all was OK.. IF she is/was bleeding she would still get her u/s.. It's not too early.. BUT your NC does need to do better that's ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely keeping you both in our prayers!!

    ReplyDelete